Ever since Calvin was born, I have made it a point to make sure our kids always think he is Superdad, and that Lyle feels like Superdad!
I talk him up, always check out Awesome Dad books at the library, point out all that he does for our family, and whenever something needs to be fixed or rescued...I always say "I bet Dad could do that."
I want our children to think the world of him.
I want them to know he works hard for them/us!
I want them to know I love him and think the world of him.
I try to only talk UP towards him and about him.
I slip once in a while...but I always apologize and make sure the boys know that it was not right of me to do that.
Lyle...you da bomb...and we love you...and I hope you know how much effort I put into making sure the kids know how AWESOME you are!

No comments:
Post a Comment