expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, September 15, 2014

The Flood

Sherwood Park after the flood.  Made it feel like we were in a nice rich neighborhood with a lake lol.
I took the kids to swim there (they advised against it, but I did it as a kid,,,and come on, this never happens...we weren't gonna miss out!  Calvin is a great swimmer, but went out a little far and I think he got scared...I thought he was joking, but when I saw panic on his face I dove in after him...fully dressed.  We saw the Morris' family there kayaking too :-). 

What a cool experience this was!  We went to the park a few times a day after the big storm.   They said it was the most rainfall we have had in almost 100 years.  It filled up our backyard but thankfully didn't come into our house.
We went to get sand bags the city was handing out for free...trying to help some neighbors (a lot of people in our ward has houses that flooded).  I tried to get involved in helping, but we had to get creative so that we were actually helping and not just in the way (with my two cuties)...we ended up bringing dinner to the men handing out the sand bags...they had been there since 5 am and hadn't eaten all day.  I want to get in the habit of serving, so that we are used to it...and when the kids get older we will be ready to help more!

Another walk over to our new neighborhood lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment