A few weeks ago my mom called and asked if it was okay for Calvin to have gum (when she came to visit in August she let Calvin chew about 6 packs of gum...and I did not think that was the best idea). I told her it was fine... he does really well with it, I just don't want him chewing it from dawn till dusk :).
At the beginning of this week, Calvin received a package in the mail. He was out playing with friends when I told him about it. He stopped what he was doing and excitedly ran inside to open it. Grandma Barber had sent 2 packs of Extra Dessert Delights Orange Creme Pop gum, 2 fruit snacks, 2 fruit roll-ups, and 4 squishy animals. You should have seen Calvin's face!! I'm pretty certain he felt like the most important kid on the planet!! He was very good about sharing the gum with his friends but wanted to keep the fruit snacks just for him. I told him that was okay since it was special from Grandma. He is always very good at sharing so it wasn't a big deal. THANK YOU GRANDMA BARBER!!!! BEST GRANDMA EVER!!! (And I really mean that!!)

No comments:
Post a Comment