expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, July 8, 2016

Answered Prayers

Jordan has swim lessons this week and next.
I have been taking Calvin (and baby Hailey) on special dates during his lessons.
Today Calvin wanted to go to Target, and despite my initial hesitation, we decided to go and look at Pokemon cards.
We bought a box of sour Ice Breaker mints on the way out.

Emily, Ben, and Lucy Nicoll came over after we all got home.

They left and the boys couldn't find their mints so they immediately accused Ben of stealing them.  I reassured them that certainly was not the case, they simply were misplaced.
So the hunt began!
20 minutes later, boys almost in tears decided that they were lost forever.

I asked if they had tried saying a Prayer.  To which Jordan replied, "Oh YEA! Maybe Heavenly Father took them!"

I said, "No He didn't take them, but He knows where they are and He can help you find them :)!"

They went and said a prayer, then started their search again.
Before they set off, I wanted to tell them that Heavenly Father expects us to do our part after we pray...so I wanted them to think about where they had gone, last ate them, etc...
I felt a little restrained and decided not to say anything, but to let Heavenly Father do the teaching (so I said a little prayer asking Him to PLEASE let them find it so their faith in Him grows!).

Not 20 seconds later they came running with those mints in hand!!!!

I encouraged them to say a thank you prayer (which they did).
Then I asked Calvin if the mints are something SUPER Important in life?
He said, "No not really."
I said, "You are right...they aren't really that important. But they are special to YOU.  And YOU are special to Heavenly Father!"

I know God loves every single one of His children!
I know He cares about what we care about!
I know He will always help us when we come to Him in Faith, sincerity, and a willing heart to GO and DO!

No comments:

Post a Comment