expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

August 11...A gentle reminder

Today Grandma and Grandpa Fort wanted to take us to the Hanford Reach Museum. (which was pretty random but we are always up for something new so we were excited)!
We weren't there TOO long when Jordan was getting tired, hungry, "sick", and so whiny...asking to leave.  Grandpa wasn't quite ready so we stalled as long as we could until he was ready to go (point in saying this is because I don't believe for a second that what came next was any coincidence)!

On our way out, we had decided we were going to go to McDonald's for lunch...but after listening to Jordan (telling me he just wants to go home, and seeing that he was already wanting to fall asleep), I asked if they'd be alright if we just went home.
So we decided to do that.
We were already on track for McDonald's so had to take a tiny detour to get back on track.

On this tiny random detour (perfect timing and of all random places...I can't believe we happened to see what I saw)...as we were driving by the canal...I watched this large man do a little hop and, as if he was side swiped, fell flat onto the asphalt and start seizing.

I told Grandpa to stop, called 911 and ran over to the man.
It was a very humbling experience to see this sweet man, completely unable to control himself, unaware of what was happening, helpless. I felt like if we had not been there, Bryan (I found out his name) may have died.

I hope he felt God's love for him today.  I hope he knows he is cared for.  There was another man that stopped, and a firefighter just HAPPENED to be driving by right then so stopped to help (boy were we grateful!)

I held on an oxygen mask and just tried to comfort and reassure Bryan.

I felt like we were there for me, not him.  What a sweet reminder, of what life is about.
It is not about me.
We are all in this together.
Though I may not be anything special, I will do whatever I can.
I am grateful to feel reconnected to the human world.

Grateful for a reminder that no matter who we are or what our condition...we are loved.

(I was telling Lyle earlier today how I think it is so cruel of God to send some of us to earth with so many issues..like our only purpose is to test others' endurance...to be the one others' have to take care of or put up with etc.
I am so angry cause I don't want to be that girl but I feel like her.

Bryan had diabetes and had had seizures in the past...all I could think of when I was with him, was how special, unique, and loved he is...or faults, problems, and weaknesses aren't what define us or matter.

I am filled with sorrow, confusion, and self-hate...but today God let me feel useful, and I am grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment